The National Association of Realtors show that when sellers use a Realtor to sell their home they get more money for their home. I have heard from buyers that if they do not use a Realtor that maybe they can get a better “deal”. That is not the case, the listing agent will end up getting the entire commission and then you end up not having representation.
Since I am a retired Police Officer let me put it like this. If you go to court for a traffic summons or a more serious crime, do you want to be sure you have representation to” stick “up for you, let you know the process, and someone that can help maybe keep you out of jail? Why of course YES you would!
It’s the same when your buying or selling a home. You want to be sure you have representation. You want to be sure someone is looking out for your best interests, Someone you can trust! Protecting you and ensuring you get the best deal you possible can get. I don’t just try to learn your wants and needs but I also take your lifestyle and interests in mind to assist you in finding you your perfect home.
MY GOAL IS ALWAYS TO GET YOU INTO THE HIGHEST QUALITY NEIGHBORHOOD AT YOUR PRICE RANGE.
8 Reasons to use a Realtor
Not all real estate practitioners are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics. Here are five reasons why it pays to work with a REALTOR®
1. Navigate a complicated process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deeds, and multi-page settlement statements. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes.
2. Information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property. A professional will be able to help you answer these two important questions: Will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
3. Help finding the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR® to find all available properties.
4. Negotiating skills. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Someone who speaks the language. If you don’t know a CMA from a POA, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. Experience. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. Even if you have done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.
8. Objective voice. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, homebuying and selling can be an emotional undertaking. And for most people, a home is the biggest purchase they’ll every make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
So when you are ready to buy a home or sell your existing home, use a Realtor you can trust, I AM ONE!